Christopher Witter, CPA
Hello, my name is Chris and I am a CPA and the principal at Witter CPA, LLC. My office is located on Route 15 in Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey. I have been a Certified Public Accountant in New Jersey since 1998. I started this firm with the goal of helping individuals and small businesses with their tax and accounting needs.
After graduating from St. Peter’s University in Jersey City, I started my accounting career working at several Fortune 500 companies. I next took a job at a mid size CPA Firm. It was here I began to work directly with small business owners handling their accounting and tax needs. By working so closely with small business owners, I really felt I was making a difference. I decided I wanted to focus my career on small business accounting and tax services.
I currently live in Jefferson Township with my wife and two children. In my free time I love to go fishing and competing in local bass fishing tournaments. I’m also a big sports fan and root for the NY Yankees, Cleveland Browns and NY Rangers.
Top 5 Reasons Why Small Businesses Change Accountants
- My accountant is slow getting back to me. He fails to respond to my phone calls or e-mails in a timely manner.
- As a small business client, I don’t feel important to my accountant.
- My accountant bills me for every little thing. I get unexpected bills and I feel some of the fees are excessive.
- My accountant talks down to me. Sometimes I feel “dumb” asking a question.
- My accountant does not take a personal interest in my business.
How Our Services Are Different
- Your calls are important to us. You need answers to your questions. If we don’t have an immediate answer, we’ll research to problem and get back to you promptly.
- Whether you spend $100 or $10,000 in fees, you should feel important to your accountant. All our clients matter to us and you will be treated with the respect and consideration you deserve.
- We offer fixed pricing to cover most of our services. Our fees are reasonable and we don’t charge for routine phone calls.
- We’ll take the time to explain your numbers in plain English that you can understand. You should never feel uneasy about asking a question.
- We provide you with real help in running your business. With a proactive approach, you’ll have the information you need to make the right decisions. We’re there with you every step of the way.